· 2 tsp New Leaf Maple birch syrup
· 3 tsp New Lead Maple walnut syrup
· 1 tsp sriracha sauce
· 3 tsp Ketchup
· 2 tsp soy / tamari sauce
· 1 tsp chili vinegar / rice vinegar
· 1⁄4 tsp salt or to taste
· 11/2 tsp corn starch
· 1 tsp minced ginger and garlic
· 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
· 1 tbsp avocado or sesame oil
· 1⁄2 tsp toasted sesame seeds (garnish)
· 1 tsp chopped spring onions/ cilantro (garnish)
1) Drain the tofu and place something heavy on the tofu or use a tofu press to remove excess moisture from the tofu.
2) Cut the Tofu into bite sized cubes and coat it with the corn starch.
3) Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl (except the corn starch). Set it aside.
4) Add the oil to a non-stick / cast iron skillet. Place the tofu in a single layer and cook it in a medium heat until the tofu starts getting golden. Flip and roast it on the other side as well.
5) When both the sides of the tofu become firm and golden, add the sauce and stir fry it in a low flame for about 2 minutes.
6) Serve hot, garnished with toasted sesame seeds, spring onions and cilantro with some rice.
If you want the tofu to be saucy, add 3⁄4 cup water and make a slurry with 2 tsp corn starch. Add it to the tofu after you add the sauce. Cook until it thickens slightly. Adjust salt as needed. Serve hot.